Do HCG DROPS And The HCG Diet Plan Work?
A lot of people are looking for an effective way to lose weight that is both safe and doesn’t take a lot of time to see results. If you are one of those people, you’ve probably seen or heard about HCG drops and the HCG diet. Are the HCG drops an elaborate hoax to take your money while nothing happens? Or is it the dream diet you’ve been searching for? Hopefully this quick Q and A post will help shed some light on the HCG drops and HCG diet for you.
Q: Do the HCG Drops and HCG Diet Work?
A: Yes! In March 2011, I was really unhappy with my weight and my physical appearance. I did a lot of research online and discovered the HCG drops and HCG diet. After hours and hours of research, I was finally satisfied that it was real, and people where having real success, despite was the FDA states, as they try and protect the big pharmaceutical lobbyists that realize the risk to their billion dollar chemical drug investment, if people realize that you can lose a lot of weight for less then $100 bucks!
Even Google, a brand I love has tried to block my site and blog, its crazy! Anyways, back to my experience, I tried it out the HCG Drops diet in April 2011, and I lost 30.5 pounds in 30 days—the results were amazing! I felt like a new person, better than ever. Though the HCG drops and diet were an arduous journey, realistically it was a short-term diet (only 3o days) all the weight I lost was totally worth it.
It’s been over two years since I first tried the HCG drops and HCG diet (March 2011) and of the 30 pounds I lost, I’ve only gained back 3 pounds as of April 2013. So for those of you who are skeptical about the long-term effectiveness of short-term diets, Im here to tell you, that in my case (and many others), HCG does work well.
Q: Where did you buy your HCG drops from?
A: I get this question from readers a lot, and it’s a question I have no problem answering. Though there are a few places I recommend buying HCG drops from, after much deliberation and a whole lot of research, I chose HCG EZ Drops over my second choice, Easy HCG.
For me, the reviews from people who used HCG EZ Drops were the most comforting, and showcased to me that the company was strict on production, well priced, and had excellent customer service, which all turned out to be true. This is a great example of some of the reviews I found, this example is from their Facebook page with comments from a customer:
Check out HCG EZ Drops’ website, oftentimes they have some sort of sale going on—last I checked, they were offering their HCG drops discounted 25% off, which is a great deal.
Though I chose to buy HCG EZ Drops over Easy HCG, both companies offer great customer service, fast shipping and, most importantly, they sell authentic HCG drops, not a placebo. Check out my blog post comparing different HCG drops companies for more information here.
Q: How does the HCG Diet work?
A: The HCG drops combined with the very low calorie diet allow you to shed 1-3 pounds a day from “problem” areas on your body, such as your midriff. The drops trigger a response from your brain similar to the hCG hormone produced by women during pregnancy. Your brain, in turn, begins to use your stores of fat as a primary energy source. When combined with a very low calorie diet, the HCG drops are an effective and fast weight loss solution.
Q: Was the HCG diet hard?
A: Not going to lie to you, it wasn’t a cake walk. Sure, there were days that all I really wanted was a few slices of pizza and some chocolate, but because I had a goal in mind (to lose 30 pounds) and it was only for a month, I stuck to my plan. The first week was the most difficult—my body was adjusting from the 2 binge days (also called loading days) transitioning into the HCG drops and HCG diet where I was only eating 500 calories per day. But after the first week and with the help of the HCG drops, I actually felt amazing! I had more energy than before I was on the diet, I slept like a baby and rarely felt cravings afterwards. The hardest part after the first week was maintaining the 500 calories per day, but since I measured all my portions and kept a log of all my meals, it was manageable.
My additional tips towards success on the HCG drops and HCG diet:
- DO NOT SKIP THE BINGE/LOADING DAYS. I say this in all caps because it is a crucial component to your overall success on the HCG drops and diet. Like a bear preparing for hibernation, the loading days (most HCG diets refer to it as Phase 1) help your body prepare for the shock of the 500 calorie diet in tandem with the HCG drops telling your brain to start burning through your fat stores.
- Keep thoroughly hydrated. Making sure you drink more than enough water is extremely crucial as well. Most of the HCG drop companies you look into will tell you how much water you’re supposed to drink based upon your weight. I was recommended to drink about a half a gallon (2 liters) of water daily, but I recommend you to drink more than the recommendation. I was drinking on average 3 liters of water every day, which helps flush out your body and keep you full throughout the day.
- You wouldn’t cheat on your partner, so don’t cheat on your diet. I know, easier said than done right? But when it comes to the HCG drops and the HCG diet, “cheating” can actually make you gain weight. When you’re taking the HCG drops, they tell your brain to start using your fat as energy, which means you are utilizing a lot of calories you have stored as fat. Hence why majority of HCG diets recommend a daily intake (aka food) of either 500 or 800 calories. Even if it’s a small cheat, like just a couple chips or cookies, it could cost you a couple pounds.
- Write everything down. Your meals, the weight you were when you woke up to before you go to bed, record everything. This not only will help you get into a better daily routine, but it will also help motivate you. What do I mean by that? Say you’re having a rough day, and you’re craving something sugary. Instead of cheating (see above point), reach for your log book diary what-have-you. Go to your first week and see the weight you were then you first started Phase 2, and then compare it to the results you have today. If that doesn’t motivate you, keeping in mind that it’s only 30 days should also help!
- Family support. Though it’s not necessary, having your family on board with you during the 30 days or so you’re on the HCG drops can really make a difference. Whether they are also choosing less snacks and lower calorie meals like you (though obvious I don’t recommend anyone doing the 500 calorie or even the 800 calorie diet without being on the HCG drops), it can help curb cravings and increase positive feelings throughout your experience with HCG.
If you’re still interested in learning more about HCG drops and the HCG diet, here’s a few reputable sources to check out:
- HCG Drops Reviews From YouTube
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) hormone post via Wikipedia
- Articles on HCG Drops From Huffington Post
- HCG info from MSNBC.COM
Related posts on my site:
Nothing is so greatly heard but through hard work. And after you’ve done the HCG drops for 30 days, you can literally see how much your hard work has paid off! Good luck on your HCG experience!
Copyright hcgdropsinfo.net 2011 – 2013